- Study of Materials for Space Application
- Computer modelling
- Electromagnetic compatibility
What we do
- Research and experiments in developing design and technology for space exploration, introducing the results to work in the Federal Space Exploration Agency, Roskosmos
- Teaching and supervision for PhD and graduate students
- Introducing the results of our research and innovative work into teaching programmes at MIEM, HSE
- Developing the Master’s programme on computer modelling at MIEM
Work in the Laboratory
- Development and research of non-conducting materials on the internal surface of spacecraft, to reduce the levels of static-charges.
- Development of new efficient methods to make structural electro-physical models of the space vehicles using mathematical and computer modelling.
- Development of new methods to assess the reliability of electronic component bases of in-flight radio-electronic equipment on space vehicles.
- Development of methods and means of effective electromagnetic protection for electronic devices from powerful ultra-short electromagnetic impulses and microwaves.
- Experimenting with spacecraft and their in-flight electronic equipment on interference protection from electrostatic discharges.
On April 4th, 2016, the 14th Spacecraft Charging Technology Conference took place in Noordwijk, the Netherlands. Vladimir Saenko, Professor at MIEM School of Electronic Engineering, presented a report on ‘External and Internal Spacecraft Charging Effects and Mitigation Techniques. Russia’s Approach’.